Putney Labour Party
- the Constituency Labour Party (CLP) for Putney, Southfields and Roehampton.
- comprises ~1100 members spread across six wards/branches
- Members are associated with the branch where they live.
- Branches hold meetings 3-4 times per year
- Putney CLP (PCLP) is managed by an executive elected annually by representatives from each of the branches.
- PCLP holds monthly meetings both to manage business and for others to present their views.
- Dates and times of future meetings can be found here.
- represented in Parliament by the Rt Hon Justine Greening (Conservative).
- divided into 6 wards and each ward elects 3 councillors to Wandsworth Council
- three Labour Councillors all of whom represent the Roehampton Ward.
- covers three constituencies Putney, Battersea and Tooting in which there are a total of 20 wards.
- Wandsworth Council has 60 councillors representing the 209 wards
- The council is currently under the control of the Conservative Party who have 40 councillors.
- Labour have 19 and there is one Independent.
- The Borough Elections are on May 3rd 2018 and the challenge facing Labour to win control of the council is to unseat 12 councillors.
You can see a map of the wards in Wandsworth
- London Boroughs elect representaives to the Greater London Assembly (GLA)
- Mayor Sadiq Kahn (Lab) elected in 2016 heads the GLA
- Wandswoth and Merton are represented on the GLA by Leonie Cooper (Lab) who was elected in May 2016.
- Greater London is represented by eight MEPs
- four of whom are Labour - Claude Moraes (LAB), Mary Honeyball (LAB), Lucy Anderson (LAB), Seb Dance (LAB).